True Masculinity through Responsibility
Introducing Andrew Park and Urbane & Gallant
Andrew Park is a man who likes to ponder the true meaning of masculinity. If you look at most representations of masculinity in pop culture three themes seem to arise: beer, sex, and sports. There is more to a man isn’t there? Andrew definitely believes so. He sees the defining characteristic of masculinity being responsibility. Andrew expands on this theory with his B Corp menswear company Urbane & Gallant, which not only makes clothes to make you feel like a man but also inspire you to be a better person. Check out this week’s Boiling Point to see how your next suit could help tackle the issue of human trafficking.
In this episode
- Andrew tells us how soul searching the essence of masculinity while attending USC helped him develop an idea for Urbane & Gallant.
- Andrew goes on to tell us why he believes responsibility is main component of manhood.
- He explains that when you have a great brand your customer’s “sticker-shock” seems to fade.
- He tells why every item designed for Urbane & Gallant is named after an inspiring man.
- We hear how women are finding the responsible man sexy.
- Andrew tells us that to have a great company you need to be excellent in three areas.
- Dave loves Andrews’s passion and mission and is drawn to the company as something to support.
- Greg suggests you check out the documentary, “Slaves of Dubai” on VICE.
- Urbane & Gallant Website
- Andrew on Linked In
- Andrew on Twitter
- Urbane & Gallant on Twitter
- VICE's Slaves of Dubai
Direct download: BP083AndrewPark.mp3
-- posted at: 12:41pm EDT