For the Region
Introducing Aaron Emery and For the Region
This week, Aaron Emery is back and he is looking to change the course of the Atlantic Canadian region. Expounding on what he has learned with his experience in the B Corp movement, Aaron is championing a new project titled, For the Region.
For the Region, is a citizen led movement to rapidly rethink economic development in Atlantic Canada. For too long, the overwhelming narrative of the Atlantic region has been one of decline. Our young people leave for greener pastures out west or down south, meanwhile those who remain tend to be older individuals who strain things like our healthcare system draining our tax dollars. Aaron believes it doesn’t have to be this way. He sees the Atlantic region as a place of great promise for work/life balance entrepreneurs.
Learn about Aaron’s plans to redefine the Atlantic region in this episode of the Boiling Point.
In this episode
- Aaron discusses his brand new initiative, For the Region.
- He asks us, what would it take for Atlantic Canada to be the most inviting place for new ideas and people to put down roots?
- We discuss why the region is in the shape it is and how experts have been pointing to the part of the solution for over 25 years.
- We also discuss how the region’s geography and relative inexpensiveness could be tempting to former Silicon Valley execs.
- Aaron sees the Atlantic Region as the entrepreneur’s work/life balance capital of the world.
- Aaron discusses solutions to our problems.
- We learn that we have to own that things are bad, but craft a united vision and enable collective action to make things better.
- There is a discussion of how Atlantic Canadian humility can actually be hurting us.
- We also learn why it will be important to both praise success and forgive failure.
- Aaron asks everyone to visit ForTheRegion.ca to sign the “Fight not Flight” pledge or to consider becoming a volunteer.
- For the Region Webpage
- For the Region on Facebook
- For the Region on Twitter
- Aaron on Twitter
- Aaron's Website
- B Corp Website
- Aaron's Previous Episode of the Boiling Point