Introducing Corey Kupfer and Authentic Enterprises
We often hear the phrase “win-win” when we are in a negotiation setting. However, sometimes this phrase is used as a tactic to get you off your guard and the true intent of the negotiator is to get a much from you as possible. Sure, we all want to get a great deal, but when one party to a negotiation is losing out it can lead to a number of future problems. Today’s boiling point guest truly believes in “win-win” and being authentic in your business dealings.
Corey Kupfer is an expert strategist, dealmaker, and business consultant with more than 30 years of professional negotiating experience. Along with being an entrepreneur, Corey is an attorney, speaker, and author of the book, “Authentic Negotiating: Clarity, Detachment & Equilibrium—The Three Keys To Negotiating Success & How To Achieve Them.” In the book, Corey draws on his year of experience on how to strike a deal that works well for both parties.
To see how your next negotiation can truly be “win-win” check out this episode of the Boiling Point.
In this episode
- Greg tells us how he met Corey in Philadelphia during the Social Venture Network.
- Corey explains why negotiation has to be more than game playing and taking advantage and the pitfalls of this type of strategy.
- He tells us about the body of work you must take on to be in the best position to negotiate.
- We hear how clarity, detachment, and equilibrium are key facets to successful negotiation.
- Corey tells us why one-sided deals don’t work and how it can affect ongoing relationships and future deals.
- Dave talks about a negotiation experience he once had where the other side saw he was undervaluing himself.
- Corey tells us why he will sometimes makes deals for more than what was offered.
- There is a discussion of how our ego can get in the way of authentic negotiations.
- Greg discusses what he sees as the difference in business models between Amazon and Etsy.
- Corey tells us about a time where the relationships he built in the past saved him for the future.
- Kupfer & Associates Website
- Authentic Negotiating: Clarity, Detachment & Equilibrium—The Three Keys To Negotiating Success & How To Achieve Them
- The Authentic Negotiating Success Quiz
- Corey on Twitter
- Corey on Linked In
- Corey on Facebook
- Corey on YouTube
Direct download: BP147CoreyKupfer.mp3
-- posted at: 12:08pm EDT