Sun, 7 January 2018
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kevin's main project is Hyasynth Bio. A startup focused on opening up the potential of cannabis-derived medicine, by replacing plant growth with engineered microorganisms.
- Kevin chats with Greg and Dave about his company, and explains the process of producing cannabinoids with yeast instead of growing plants, a manufacturing process which has been around sine the 1970's.
- Kevin shares his experiences as an entrepreneur in this sector and how Hyasynth differentiates itself from other cannabis business in the industry.
- Kevin Chen is the CEO and cofounder of Hyasynth, a company that is focused on producing cannabinoids, the active compounds in Cannabis, by using engineered yeast instead of growing plants.
- With a background in biochemistry, he has switched into a business role at Hyasynth when he started the company in 2014.
- He is passionate about all kinds of technology development, startups and also community development as a volunteer and director of his local makerspace.
Direct download: TBP_-_Episode_182_-_Kevin_Chen.mp3
-- posted at: 6:12pm -04